Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Scrapes, dirt and cuts

What a difference a year makes! Last summer Jillian just sat in the shade on a blanket and played with grass. This summer, which has hardly even started, she is a wild child. Her legs are so scraped up from running, mostly without looking where she is going. Today alone she slipped on the tile and cut her chin on the bamboo wastebasket (only corner in the house i think of course), managed to climb onto the computer desk via the chair and stand and dance all within 30 seconds of me turning my back, and finally got her finger stuck in the hole on the stair banister. Whew! No wonder I am freakin tired at the end of the day. I said to some lady at work I feel like I'm pregnant I am so tired, she's like nope - you just have a toddler.

Jillian is really talking now- mostly jibber jaber sentences with words thrown in. Example; Baby yabaya eh grunt boo boo(also pointing at me). Then she will scream and throw her head back when I don't know what she is trying to say. It's really funny. I'm sure our laughing just infuriates the princess more!

Finally, oh the dirt, the mess! At first I tried to clean her up constantly outside. It was a losing battle. When I saw her shovel the pine needles and "make it rain" over her head I knew it was gonna be a messy summer. Every time we go outside she comes in covered in mud and usually soaking wet. Her dora sprinkling can is pure evil. And Kaine's water bowl- refilled about 20 times a day- she is obsessed with dumping it. So, I will have to buy stock in lotions cause she's getting like 2 baths a day. I still can't believe how fast these 20 months have gone!

No comments: