Sunday, April 5, 2009

That one song...

A busy saturday at the cottage
Kaine, at his happiest
Double rainbow
Solsbury Hill and Night moves; two songs make me cry on a good day, played back to back on way over to baby shower today- truly was a waste of time to put eye makeup on. I'm sure everyone has songs like that, the kind that as soon as u hear them, bring u back to a place, the way it sounded, smelled, looked, like u never left.

Growing up my grandparents had a cottage, a place I have gone literally since i was a few weeks old. It is the one place I always felt truly at home at. Every time I hear those songs- im playing yardarts, sitting in the white lawn chair drinking a berry weiss, playing some drinking game at the picnic table, sitting on the deck watching a sunset, running down the hill to go swimming, painting a rock, sitting in an attic playing for hours, hoping summer never ends. Time seemed to stand still when i was there, even though years passed, and we all grew up, it seemed that we would always go there, that the cottage would always be ours.

I guess you know you are all grown up, when you finally realize the things you took the most for granted, that you thought would never change, always will.

Friday my sister and I are going down to our grandparents house, to meet our cousin's and to go threw things before it sells. I always knew they wouldn't live forever, but all the sudden I feel all grown up. A 2nd baby, a 32nd birthday, a 8 year anniversary and 2 deaths all in 2 months, no wonder I cry at old songs!!!

No comments: