Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Potty Time

Baby Mohawk
Get me out of these diapers PLEASE!So, for the last 3 weeks Jillian has been going potty a handful of times each day. We have not been asking her or anything, obviously a little busy with baby O, she just does the potty dance and says i gotta potty and we put her on it. So, now I would like to "push" the potty training so we get to fully trained, well probably not overnite for awhile, but all day at least. So, how do i do that? i dont want her to regress by pushing her, but i figure nows a great time with me home and her into the big potty to work on it. Anyone have any potty tips or stories for me? REALLY want to buy diapers for one!!!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is how I got madisen trained in about one long weekend. Set a kitchen timer for every 10 minutes. Ever time it goes off, take her to the potty have her sit down and "try to go". If she doesn't go - that's fine give her lots of verbal praise for sitting on it. IF she goes give her something REALLY special - like 1 M&M every time she actually goes. If she goes poop - then you have to give her something REALLY good, like a cookie or something. Food rewards always work well for my kid. Anyway, the key is they associate the timer with going to the potty. Once she starts going on the potty, you have to gradually increase the time like say to 15 minutes, then 20 minutes etc. I got this from a book I read and I'm telling you it worked :-) Good luck!