Monday, October 20, 2008

24 week check up

So, all is good with baby girl- i'm measuring 24 weeks exactly, 145 heartbeat, gained 2 lbs. What is annoying to me is the lack of quality care that doctors seem to give now. I know leah felt like I did, her doctors were so laid back. Today i go and the nurse has the glucose drink sitting there for me, I say to her, don't need that been testing my sugar levels for 8 weeks now. She's like really? Like i'm lying! Don't I have a chart or anything???? No nurse/doc asked me how my sugars been at 16 or 20 week check up. Uh kinda important don't you think?? I just think it would take the nurse/doc like 2 mins to look over my chart before they walk in. Today my appt was like 15 seconds long. Sure glad I waited 30 mins for that. Then, the doctor tries to talk me into retaking the glucose test cause my sugars are all normal. UH, isn't that the point - to watch what I'm eating- not hope I pass, than live in pretend land??? Whatever, i'm just glad i have insurance and don't pay out of pocket for any of these "prenatal" visits that seem to be pointless, oh wait- i got a flu shot today so i guess that will be worth it if i don't get sick!!! Today i got the birthing plan to fill out. Ha, what a joke- last time i checked off- "give me baby after cleaned off", and "baby stay in room with me", funny how all your plans go out the window after 16 hrs of labor!!!

No comments: