Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Amazing and trying all at the same time

Apparently I thought I knew what the "terrible two's" was, but I guess its alot like labor, in the beginning you can't imagine it can get any worse, yet it does. From about 19 months on, Miss J has been having meltdowns, screaming, ect. But this last month, holy cow! she is like two toddlers, an angel one minute, devil child the next. If you don't get or do what she wants the minute the words leave her mouth, its screaming, no screeching on the floor time. Then, by the time you get what she wants, something like cheese, she refuses it and gets even more upset. We are trying to ignore her, and keep talking normal, but it is so hard not to scream back. When someone is screaming at you, it really takes all your patience and energy and sucks it out. Plus, being prego i'm already "touchy". Other times, she is just amazing. She is talking so much now, almost full sentences, repeating everything we say, just like a little sponge. Tonight she was sitting on the potty (still no peeing, just sitting) talking about kitties and pumpkins, and I just could not believe this was my little baby girl. I think its fall too, it just brings me back to when she was born, the weather, the food i'm making, it all just reminds me of that time. I think this next year will definately be challenging, but also just amazing watching her grow and learn so much.

Otherwise its full steam ahead on the girls rooms! Ryan loves when I'm in "lets get everything done right now mode". Jillians room is almost done, a couple pictures need to be hung up when they come from my new friend ebay. Today, ryan primed the babies room. A little sad, seems like me and aunty E just stenciled it all, can't believe that was 2 1/2 yrs ago! Can't wait for the pink though, its gonna be so cute!!!

October is flying by, I was just thinking we better go get pumpkins, only a couple weekends left to halloween already. She still needs a costume, this weekend we'll have to take a trip to halloween express, she will love that store with all the cats and flashy things. That's all thats new over here, hope everyone is doing good! Hope the new mommies are getting a little sleep!

No comments: