Saturday, November 1, 2008

Potty Training Progress

So, I think we are getting close the potty training success! According to all the mom-experts in my life Jillian is "showing the signs." What's a mom-expert you ask, for me its anyone who has a kid older than mine. If your baby is younger than mine you may receive my unsolicited advice from me now and then, but if you have a kid older than mine, I will never offer any advice! You know much more than me! I remember thinking when Jillian was a year old, hey, this is pretty easy, this parenting stuff. Ya, fast forward a year, and everything changes at 2. I can only imagine how ill prepared I am for 3, 4, ect.. So, here are her exciting potty ready signs;

1. Hating a wet diaper- she yells, momma wet, runs in her room jumps on the bed and throws her legs in the air. Very nice not to have to do the diaper wrestle anymore! Many times she also will rip her diaper off in the hallway and leave it for Kaine to sniff, not so nice.
2. Pooping in private- Miss J goes off into another room now to do her "business". She firmly says "Go Away!" if you try to spy on her. Immediately after she says poopy momma, yeah momma loves poopy diapers!
3. This morning after we got home from running errands I heard her get her potty seat. So, I spied on her and she sat on in it, fully clothed, in the living room, grunting, then, came and got me to change her! So, I think she knows what its for that little seat.

Unfortunately, no actual potty on the potty or her little one but I feel like we are close! My dreams of only having one in diapers may actually come true!

Otherwise, all that is new with Jillian is she is a sample whore! Every sat at the grocery store she can't get enough! There is nothing she won't try- the ladies are always like oh its spicy or she won't like it and Jillian says me try, and then mmm-mmm. And reaches out for another. Ryan got the evil eye from the sausage lady last sat. She really likes sausage! Another trait she doesn't get from her I-don't -like -pretty -much-anything- but- cheese- fries-sweets- momma. One bright note for me is she likes tomato soup. I love grilled cheese and tomato soup, ryan does not. But, now I have a little lunch companion to enjoy it with! Ryan can eat whatever! ha!

No comments: