Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cold Turkey

16 hrs and counting.... no ya ya!!! Now, I never minded the ya ya, it was very helpful the last 2 years. But, the last couple months, things have changed. First, she is biting them, eventually the tops break off. Second, our lives were beginning to revolve around "find the ya ya". The ya ya queen (miss jillian) would lose the ya ya, oh about 10 times a day. Panic would strike, tears would follow, and adults would be crawling around on hands and knees looking for the gold, the ya ya. I started to panic lately, imagining a peaceful scene of me feeding olivia, the sun shining in the window, and all the sudden a screaming 2 yr old runs into the room, yelling "my ya ya, my ya ya!!!" So, we have had one ya ya left for 1 week, and we've been telling her, when that's gone your done. Well, last nite, panic sets in, she can't find her ya ya before bed. I pretty much expected we would be up all night, but it wasn't so bad. About 3 times she woke up, 2 like half asleep, only once she woke up in all out hysterics. Even that lasted only 15 minutes or so. Today, she's been asking about it off and on, but we've been "redirecting" her, and she forgets about it really fast. I hope she isn't a oger at gramma barbs tomorrow. But, whoo hoo!!! If I never see one of those ya ya's again.... oh wait, we get to start all over in a few weeks!!!

Otherwise, I've been hunting for new car seats. Unfortunately, I realized mine, ryans and barbs car seats all go up to only 40 lbs. Miss J is very close to that, and so we have to upgrade. I just bought them at walmart today, $60, evenflo, free shipping to store, so she will be a little more comfortable i think in the bigger seat. I guess either way i will need 2 car seats at the same time, i'm sure olivia will be out of her infant seat in 9 months, and Jillian will still be in a car seat, so I guess it all works out. It will be so weird to have 2 car seats in our cars!!!

No comments: