Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Out of the Blue

Did you ever want something so bad, and it didn't happen? Or were expecting nothing, and something happens? Last April, i begged and pleaded with my boss to let me go part time. We had family things going on and daycare issues. Finally in may, after i went into his office sobbing i was quitting cause Jillian spent 2 1/2 days in daycare and we just didn't want to upset her life when so much chaos was going on, he gave me 2 months at 3/4 time. So, today, I'm sitting at my desk ferociously stuffing envelopes (ha, ha more like talking to coworkers) and my boss calls me in his office. He is like close the door, I'm like uh- oh- can u fire the pregnant chick- isn't that against the law???? He says, "r u still thinking about going part time? I have a proposition for you". Apparently my jaw touching the floor clued him in i was surprised. He said a girl i work with is coming back from maternity leave and we could job share- each work 20 hrs. Or, he said he would work with us to come back for a year at 3/4 time- 30 hrs. Only catch, our insurance rates, currently i pay $0, no deductibles- i know I'm lucky. Well, part time employee family rate is , uh like $606. Ya little bit of a difference. So ryan checked his, its like $400 a month. So, I don't even know if its feasible but it is nice to have some options. I think i will take off feb- may, and come back at 30 hrs through summer at least. Unless ryan gets some big promotion or something:-)Crazy, i guess when you stop obsessing over something, it works out.

Otherwise, my back pain is so much better today, everyone at work said i "dropped" so maybe she moved off that nerve!! I'm also becoming very sappy, I keep telling Jillian she is so lucky to be getting a sister, cause i can't imagine my life without aunty E, i know i wouldn't be the same person if she'd been born an Aaron!! She's like ok Momma, can we play blocks now? Indulge mommy if you know whats good for you!!!

No comments: