Friday, January 30, 2009

They call it progress...

So, today i had my 38 week checkup, and i'm "making progress". I'm now an exciting 2 cm and 50% effaced. Thanks to my diligent sugar watching, i'm no longer "high risk gestational diabetes girl" so they really don't care if go to my due date, or past it. The doc thinks the baby is weighing high 8's, since im not gaining weight and measuring ok. So, i have 2 choices. I can get an amniocentesis to see if her lungs are developed and get induced next week. Or, I can let nature takes it course and wait. So, obviously we are waiting, she said i will be technically full term next sat (39 weeks) so i can get induced a week from monday if i want. But, ive heard alot of horror stories about that, so i think we will just wait. I was just worried i had a 10-11 pounder in there, but the doc said no way- hopefully she's on target!!! I can get another ultrasound 2 weeks from now, so least we will know what we are dealing with if i still haven't delivered. I just hope she doesn't come friday the 13th!!

Otherwise today was my last day of work!!! whooo hooo!!! My friend threw me a little party, it was nice, can't believe im off till june 1st!! It was so wierd to clear my desk, change my voicemail, ect... last time i went home from lunch and never went back! what a difference!

No comments: